Starboard Carve IQ 2019 Flax Balsa (Foil Ready)
AS GOOD AS IT GETS
Plug and play freeride. Maximum performance, minimum fuss.
- New StarLite Technology
- Flax Balsa models comes with a Ready To Foil box
- Yulex Footstraps. The world’s first footstraps made with natural rubber
- Sizes designed for easy planing. They are longer with smooth profiles that glide on to the plane effortlessly. The squash nose aims to reduce deadweight at the tip of the nose without affecting the ease of getting planing. As result, the boards have more high wind control and feel more reactive. More Vee throughout the board improves jibing and comfort through chop.
- WHY THIN?
The CarveiQ are all designed with a thin profile, a Starboard innovation first introduced in 2010. A thin profile lowers the board’s center of gravity, making the board more sporty, more stable, more controlled and more reactive.
- WIDER TAILS
The wider tails help make the board more stable at speed, with more power to go upwind.
All Carve iQs use a Tuttle Box for a strong and reliable fitting of the fin.
Cut-aways reduce drag created by the wider tail. They give the board its high top speed and ability to quickly accelerate.
- DRAKE FREERIDE POWER
Delivered with our Drake Freeride Power CNC G-10 fins that have a thin tip for speed and control. The upright rake and thicker base of these fins provide maximum stability and traction. After testing over a dozen fins, our test-riders unanimously found no other freeride fin that matches the speed, control, jibing and durability characteristics of the Drake Freeride Power
- THE FOIL ADVENTURE BEGINS
The CarveIQ Flax Balsa construction comes with a Ready To Foil re-inforced foil box. The box are reinforced to withstand heavier loads associated with foiling. They use thick, high-density PVC sheets and thick carbon fibre walls.
- BOTTOM SHAPE
In the development we added more Vee throughout the board to improve the jibing qualities and make the CarveIQs smoother across rough, choppy conditions. All through the boards have a flat Vee in the tail running into a double concave in the nose.
- FLAX BALSA – OUR MOST INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY
The CarveIQs are available in Flax Balsa, designed for the lightest weight but also the lowest carbon footprint; Flax Balsa. Natural end-grain balsa covers the bottom of the board, providing the board with its overall stiffness and reduced weight. The full sandwich deck uses natural uni-directional flax fibres with carbon stripes to reinforce and stiffen the most stressed sections.
All CarveIQ Flax Balsa technology comes with a re-inforced Ready To Foil Box.